Apple – Intel CPU*
- Once downloaded, open and run the Vine Server icon
- If prompted for a VNC password, type in 1234
- Click the Server menu in the top left, then Reverse Connection
- In the Viewer Host Name or IP field, type in the details provided by the Omnitec technician
- In the Port field, type in the number provided by the Omnitec technician
- Click the Connect button. The Omnitec Technician will be connected and will close the remote control connection once done.
- Please close any items left open. You can keep the Vine Server program if you wish, to save time connecting with us in future.
Apple – PowerPC CPU*
1. Click to open the ZIP file if prompted:
2. Double click the new OSXvnc icon on your desktop:
3. Select ‘Connect to client’, fill out the Host and Port as directed by Omnitec:
4. Click Start Server
*The quickest way to determine the type of processor in your Mac is to open a Finder window and choose About This Mac from the Apple menu. Look at the Processor line to see which kind of processor is in your Mac.